
This year, I'll be turning 40... and lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about how my life had turned out to be so far. I've been in touch with my high school friends lately ( thanks to Facebook), and have seen how many of them are successful in their own chosen fields, professionally. And I look at myself, at this age I could have been what I had perceived myself to be when I was younger, probably working as an Interior Designer and managing my own company. And here I am.... I'm not the rich, successful career woman I had hoped to be... but I am contented. I am proud to be simple.... though I admire people who do get what they want materially and more because of hard work... but Im prouder of myself being content with the things I possess. It was my choice. It was my choice to have kids at an early age, to become a mom and a wife (though unfortunately had to end after 15 years of marriage) It was my choice to be a stay-at-home-mom, passing the opportunity to finish my degree, because I believed I was needed more by my kids especially in their formative years. And I am happy with how they had turned out to be. It is still an ongoing process though. And now I have to focus on not just being their support, but more so with bringing them into the "truth".... It is harder now... but I pray to God that He will help me... So I guess my career in life really is being my kids' mother... Every decision I made, was because of them. I am not a perfect mother though... (oh and they can attest to that!)... but it is an ongoing career that may take a lifetime. And I don't have any regrets giving up what I had for them... I only pray that God will add more years to my life, more strength , to help my children get into "that narrow road to life".....

No comments:
Post a Comment