
The Watchtower study yesterday at the "pulong" ( Christian meeting in Filipino) had a very interesting topic. It talked about keeping integrity and how important it is in worshipping God. I learned that integrity was different from just being honest. As used in the bible, it involves moral completeness, wholehearted devotion to one: and that is our heavenly Father Jehovah. It is about seeking to have his approval even in our daily activities, whether we are among other people or when we are alone. Thus keeping our integrity makes our day to day conduct and choices quite important. This may be hard to do, especially when you know no person can see what we do in private, but integrity would help us see that God's eyes is upon us, and would help us to do what is right. It's about having that true love and genuine devotion to God that would help us avoid doing things that may make his heart sad. God is a true Person and He is affected with what we do, the bible says we even have the capability to make his heart rejoice ( Proverbs 27:11). So how does this issue of integrity affect me? A lot! Ive thought about the mistakes Ive done and had planned to do, which really puts me to shame because how could I possibly think that those things would be okay because I could keep it a secret , but in reality, is putting my relationship with God at stake. Little things, such as what I watch on the tube or sites I check out on the internet, or things I put on my website or friends I deal with, even things I talk about..... all affect my integrity. The study really made me reflect on these things. Imperfect as I am, I'll be holding fast to my integrity, to prove to Jehovah that I truly love him....

No comments:
Post a Comment